Monday, December 15, 2008

The Great Christmas Cookie Madness of 2008


I started baking cookies before Halloween. I decided to experiment with making double and triple batches and freezing them just to see how it would effect different varieties. And for some reason I haven't been able to stop! A couple of years ago a friend of mine and I baked cookies and sold them on the Triangle just to make some extra money. She had mentioned maybe doing it again this year, and I think that is when I went into overdrive. We never got together and decided a date, but I just kept mixing and baking. It's like an obsession! I wonder a bit if it isn't my way of dealing with the stress of my husband's job situation this year. Yesterday, as I finished baking the last of the dough from the freezer, I decided "this is it--no more", but yet at the same time I kept coming up with kinds I meant to bake this year but haven't yet. Eeekkkk! Make it stop! I think lots of family and friends are getting plates of cookies this year!

No comments: