Monday, August 24, 2009

State of the Union


My husband had yesterday off and the weather was beautiful, so we decided to go to the St. Louis Zoo. Altho I've already been there twice this year with the kids, the husband hasn't. The boy started school this week and is in a less than happy mood and wanted to stay home and have some alone time. Off we went! I mentioned on the way there that we haven't gone to the zoo by ourselves since our honeymoon! That was 21 years ago. We had a dandy good time and it's nice to know we still can. We had some rocky times when I wasn't sure we would make it--times when I wasn't sure I cared if we made it. But I'm so glad we held on. I know people who have nothing in common once the kids move on, but I think if we make the effort to not get into a rut, we can have a really good life--just the two of us!

No comments: