Sunday, October 3, 2010

On the Fence

I can't seem to stay mad. Most of the time I think that is a good thing, but sometimes I think it's why I never seem to get any where with my life. I get mad at work and decide I have to find another job, but then I get over it and it's just easier to stay where I am. Twenty excuses to stay--it's flexible, I can get off any time I want to, I like the people, on and on. But it's minimum wage and there is no future there. If I knew that in five years I could have the position I want I wouldn't even consider leaving. But the woman that does it is in her early 60s and will probably stay until she's in her 80s! By then, I hope I'm about ready to retire myself. Unfortunately, the job market sucks here. I've got a job interview tomorrow for a job that I think I could really like, but it's only 20 hours a week. It actually comes with benefits, but with my husband not working right now, I'll probably still have to work part time else where. Probably at the grocery store. I don't think that will make my life less stressful! They will probably be interviewing 2 dozen people, so maybe the whole quandary is moot!

No comments: