Friday, January 20, 2012

Musings

My daughter is leaving today. She's been home for a little over a month. It's always so hard when she goes back. Her flight back to California isn't actually until Wednesday, but she is going to Indiana to spend a few days with her friends over there. Her roommate came here Monday and has spent the week with us and now they will go and spend the last few days with her folks. I wish I could talk them into waiting and leaving tomorrow. There is talk of some nasty weather today and I hate that they will have to drive through it. But they are 22. It's hard to talk 22 year-olds out of their plans!

Royalty Free RF Clip Art Illustration Of A Cartoon Judge Leaning Over His Desk by Ron LeishmanI got a Summons for Jury Duty yesterday. I believe everyone should do Jury Duty once. It's interesting to see how the system works. But this is my 3rd time! Come on--that isn't fair! (I'm feeling a bit picked on.)


Capitol SOPA has been shelved! And I believe it is a direct result of Internet Social Networks and Blogs! Dad was a State employee so politics was always a big topic over the dinner table. But State, not so much Federal. I never paid alot of attention to Federal politics--until the last 4 years. Now I follow it closely. And get aggravated. Alot. I think I make my husband a little crazy with it. But my ranting and raving has caused my kids to be aware of what's happening and they pay much more attention then I did at their age. It's a good thing. (And if nothing else, the Republican primaries have made for good entertainment!)


1 comment:

the dogs' mother said...

I got to sit in the jury pool when my employer was sued. I had the best answer when the pool was asked why they couldn't serve!