Saturday, January 24, 2009

Music


When I was in High School and College, music was my It. I'm not musically inclined--I played clarinet in Band and took Piano lessons, but I was never a natural. And I've never been able to carry a tune well. But music was always playing in my head, even if there wasn't any actual music playing. My brother has a huge amount of natural talent. He had a garage band all through High School that was pretty popular among the teenyboppers in the area. I had this idea that they were going to make it big and I was going to be a roadie. Future planned. Life was good! Of course, they graduated and went their separate ways, and I was floundering in college. Somehow, I ended up married and had children and got too busy to keep up. But now that the kids are about grown up I find I have more time on my hands. I think I would like to find that artsy side of myself again, just not sure how. I've been listening to my Playlist all afternoon. I've been adding a song here and there for the last 6 months, but hadn't actually ever listened to it for more than a hand full of songs. It makes me feel young again!

No comments: