Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Deathwatch 2010

My cousin's husband has been fighting cancer for a couple of years and it looks like he is going to lose his battle now. I hurt for her so much. This is her second marriage, and I think he is her "soul mate". So many of us never find that. We find someone to love, someone we marry and raise children with. But that doesn't mean they are our soul mate. I think there are actually just a lucky few who find that. At this point he has hung on longer than they thought he would Monday morning. I hate this waiting. But, she has a chance to say good-bye. I know that may sound a bit morbid, but early this morning my step-cousin and her friend were shot by a 15 year old that broke into their house. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it. I just saw them a few weeks ago. We had a fish-fry at my folks' and they were there. And now they are gone. Poof. No one got a chance to say good-bye or "I love you". I'm just so sad for everyone. She had her Mom and sisters and nieces and nephews, Aunts and Uncles and countless cousins. He had his kids and grandkids. My step-dad's family have always just treated me like I was one of them--wonderful people. I think I'm in shock a little bit. Bad week.

No comments: