Monday, February 21, 2011

Exciting Things!


I can't say I'm a fan of Regis and Kelly. Heck, I've never seen their show. By the time it's on, I'm at work. But a couple of weeks ago my cousin told me about this man, Dean Karnazes, who is running across the country to raise funds for Action for Healthy Kids and Regis and Kelly are doing live feeds on their show throughout his cross-country run. He started at Disneyland on Friday, Feb. 25 and is heading across Arizona and New Mexico. One of his stops on his run to New York is going to be in our own small town! At that time, it wasn't common knowledge, but it had been announced at the City Council meeting the night before (my cousin is a Councilman). The really exciting thing is, we aren't going to just be a rest stop--we're going to be a featured stop, the only one in Illinois! It could be good publicity for us. I just wish it was going to be a month or two later. It's a very pretty town in summer when the trees are all green and the flowers are blooming. I think I'm going to have to take the day off!

No comments: