Sunday, July 3, 2011

Oh, Hail!

After all of the rain we have had here, I spent a big part of yesterday pulling weeds. Bunches and bunches of weeds. I still had a little to finish, but it was miserably hot and I decided to jump in the pool and finish today. Because it was actually warm enough to get in the pool! Yay! Naturally, it rained through the night. Not just rain. Hail, too. The "ping, ping" woke me up a little after 2 a.m. I ran out on the porch, while all of the cats ran past me to get into the house, and watched. After all, there isn't anything that can be done but watch. I can't see much of the garden out of my kitchen window, but what I can see looks okay. I should have become a meteorologist, because even though I was worried about my plants, I love storms!

1 comment:

the dogs' mother said...

Me too. We get thunderstorms in early June and in August. The rest of the time they are roaring winds. And dust!