Thursday, June 18, 2015

Garden Diaries

I have a couple of gooseberry bushes and they are heavy with berries at the moment. I picked a bowl of ripe ones over the weekend and made gooseberry "BBQ" sauce. I slathered it on ribs and cooked them on the grill and canned the rest, just to see how it would work out. Thumbs up from the hubby and the son. (Usually I do pies and jelly, but since I don't eat either of those anymore, I need something else to do with them.) Fingers crossed--I'm hoping to pick the rest before the birds get to them. But we're being hit by the rain, like everyone else not California, making it a challenge. We're always glad for rain, but the weeds are enjoying it as much as my veggies. The garden is very green!

2 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Great idea! We have black raspberries that
go on our morning yogurt.

Bob said...

I'm not a big jam fan, but the BBQ sauce sounds excellent.