Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Talk Talk



    I had a wonderful time in Florida. I drove down with my favorite aunt-- my "mom" away from mom when I was a kid; you know, that aunt who is more than just an aunt. We talked the entire way. I dropped her off and then I spent three and a half days on the Atlantic side with one of my very best friends. We didn't do much, mainly talked and talked, and then talked some more! But it's amazing to have that friend that you don't see very often, but the conversation always just picks right up where you left off last time.

   I then spent three and a half days on the gulf side at my cousin's house (it was his daughter's wedding), reuniting with my aunt and my folks and some cousins. The wedding was lovely, the reception was fun, the booze was free and I got to spend time talking with my cousin's wife, which I haven't been able to do for a long time.

We put the pedal to the metal and made it home in record time for my uncle's funeral. My brother came from Wyoming and other family came from as far away as Arizona, so there was all kinds of catching up at the visition last night and during the dinner this afternoon. So, yes, I've talked more in the last 10 days than I have in the last six months! I'm surprised I don't have a sore throat!

2 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Sounds like a good time and always nice to be with family. :-)

Bob said...

A whirlwind trip!