Tuesday, May 3, 2016

If It Weren't For Bad Luck

 2016 hasn't just been a bad year for celebrities. Apparently, it's hitting right close to home. Meaning, I keep thinking "we'll get through this month and nothing bad will happen. Smooth sailing the rest of the year!" Wrong! We've been having trouble with our (11 year old) car for the last 6 months. We've put well over $1000 dollars into her, but I didn't think that was bad considering it's been a good car and we've never had to put much money into her. So yesterday the hubby got ready to leave for work and the back tire wouldn't spin. Needless to say, he called into work. Next door neighbor owns a mechanic shop so when he got off work he looked at it. Brake pad had disintegrated. He got it to moving, so I'm taking it down to his shop this morning and hoping he can get to it right away. So the hubby is missing another day of work (that we can't afford) and I've got my follow up doctor's visit this afternoon, so I'm hoping they can get it done by noon. Otherwise, I'm going to be scrambling for a ride. Because I need released so I can go back to work full time! (I've worked light duty/half time since Wednesday). And now I've got that stupid Hee Haw song stuck in my head. Just another thing to deal with today!

2 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Wishes for good luck coming your way!

Bob said...

I have fingers and toes crossed that this madness ends soon!