Sunday, April 18, 2010

Favorite Aunt

Everyone should have a favorite Aunt! My mom has a big family and I have lots of aunts, uncles and cousins. But there is one aunt that was always there--kind of my "mom away from mom" aunt. I often would spend a week or two with her during summer vacations. And I've always felt like I could tell her things that I couldn't tell Mom. With the recent marital situation that I find myself in she was the one to turn to. Not just because of our connection, but because her life situation matches mine more than it does my mom's. So I headed up to see her yesterday. The temperature had dropped about 20 degrees from last week's record highs and the sun was shining, so the hour and a half drive was extremely pleasant. We talked, laughed, went out to lunch. It was all very therapeutic! I'm not sure I'm any closer to making a decision, but I feel better/clearer about the decision I have to make. I really thought by this time in my life everything would be settled for my future--and here I am on the tip of the mountain wondering which way to get down! I wish that made me feel like I was King of the Hill instead of free-falling!

No comments: