Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

My husband and I have been married for almost 23 years. It was never a great romance, more like something that just happened. Like all relationships, it's had it's ups and downs. It seems lately like there has been more downs. Last year I wasn't sure we were still going to be together much longer. But we have "made it through" again. Valentine's Day has never been a big deal around here--not because I didn't want it that way, but because no one else participated much. But this year I got a big surprise with tea roses! I really can't explain how much that means to me, coming from a man who has never given me flowers before! He has always remembered our Anniversary and he makes a big deal out of Christmas, but V-Day and my Birthday have always just been another day to him. I had already decided to "recommit" myself to this relationship. I guess this means he has too. That's the best present, I suppose!

No comments: