Monday, May 28, 2012

Cheers!

The last couple of weeks have been mad crazy.  I don't know how many miles I've put on my car between my Uncle's funeral (70 miles), picking my daughter up from the airport (150 miles), going to the Avon awards luncheon (90 miles) and various other heres and theres.  Plus I've had to deal with the additional  mental strain of losing an Aunt last week (who's funeral is in Arizona--too far for me to attend) and the physical strain of taking a newly 21 year-old work colleague out on a pub crawl last weekend and then my class reunion this weekend. I think I've had more to drink in the last 10 days than I have in the last year combined!  I don't drink much anymore and after all of the money I've just spent I understand why! I'm worn out and ready for things to slow down a bit, but it has been nice seeing people, reconnecting with some I hadn't seen for a long time. After listening to some of them talk about their husbands and children I definitely realize how lucky I am! I need to remind myself of that more often.

1 comment:

the dogs' mother said...

I remember being in college and all the stories and complaints about parents and siblings and family. I felt rather boring. But also lucky :-)