Saturday, September 14, 2013

My Next Project

 Well, my next project only took a week. We wanted the clock, a prop from The Mighty Boosh shown in the first picture, but couldn't find one like it. The closest we could find shipped from Hong Kong so we decided to see if we could do one ourselves. The husband bought a $4.00 clock he found in the clearance aisle in Menards, took it apart and spray painted the frame (it was originally dark green) and the inside over the numbers.
 I painted the monkey (yes, that is supposed to be an abstract monkey, I believe) and the hands. I realized, too late, I had gotten it a bit small, but I'm still happy with the result. I may try and do another one, just to get the proportions right.

Or, I may not!

2 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Our next project involves a flame thrower (propane weed burner) and poking holes in the lawn. Long story but we have to amend our grass.
Luckily one of our neighbors is a fireman.

Bob said...

I like.