Friday, August 5, 2011

Going to the Fair!

The County Fair starts today and runs through next Saturday, the 13th. I was asked to share a booth with two other people that wanted to split the rent three ways. I haven't done the Fair for several years and since I want to build my online business, I thought I would do it. So after I agreed and paid my part, my daughter called and said she would be flying in on the 10th, and could I make her a dentist appointment to get her wisdom teeth out--they are bothering her. So I made the appointment, and it's on the 12th. So starting today, I am getting off work at 4 p.m., heading to the Fair Grounds and sitting out there probably until 9p.m. Her roommate is coming home with her, so I won't have to take off a day to go pick her up, but I'm still taking a day off for the surgery. While I was at it, I made the appointment for both kids--the son needs his out, too. And he doesn't want to wait because he doesn't want his wisdom teeth to shove his other teeth up "like yours did, Mom". Okay, he has a point! (What's wrong with buck teeth, anyway? It runs in the family!) Anyway, it's going to be a long week. Why does everything happen at once? On the up side, it seems to have cooled down a tad. Every year for the Fair, it seems to rain or it's so hot a person can't breath. I would prefer a little rain since I'm going to be sitting where there is no air conditioner!

1 comment:

the dogs' mother said...

I've done that fair booth sitting. In two different states! Stay cool. Ish.