Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Garden Update--Week 6

I had to replant some tomatoes and I've planted some okra in the last week but everything else seems to be chugging right along.  I've picked several cucumbers and a zucchini and a yellow squash, and we may be eating green beans in a week, two at most!  Last year I planted everything to close together, fulling expecting half of it not surviving (like the year before), so I've learned my lesson.  Everything is planted far enough apart that I can get in between and hoe.  Now, if I could just keep the cats out.  I don't mind them using it as a litter box so much as the simple fact they have dug up and/or rolled around on several plants.  (Hence, the replanting of tomatoes.)

1 comment:

the dogs' mother said...

I found a tiny green tomato and nubbins of peppers. 50 degrees here, things are sloooooow.