Saturday, September 13, 2014

A Day In The Life

Life has been stressful for the last <*insert time period here-- it's been so long, I've lost track> . Like so many people, it's about 90% financial. Quite simply, the bills are more than the income. I try to take comfort in the fact that we're not alone in our misery. 

I tend to be an optimist and constantly tell myself it's going to get better. (And I'm confident it will, just hopefully before we lose the house). But I've spent the last <*> trying to get the daughter's financial aid arranged. That's been enough to make me drink (more than normal). Fingers crossed, that may be taken care of now. 

Then there has been medical insurance fun. I'm not even going into that one. It may take awhile to get that one worked out. Red tape!

So, of course, Wednesday night we had a storm and lost a tree-- and our electricity and phone line and internet/cable. More time on the phone, because being on hold is my favorite thing to do! Bless them all, they came and took care of us (if only Sallie Mae was as easy to work with!). Glass half full-- the damage to the deck and garage is minimal.

The moral of the story is--- I need a vacation!


2 comments:

Bob said...

"When it rains, it pours"
Here's hoping the rains stop soon.

the dogs' mother said...

oh-my-gosh! We also once had a tree fall on our house - thank goodness also minimal damage.