Monday, May 18, 2015

Warning To Expectant Mothers

I'm one of these people-- the kind with a name that doesn't show up on peg boards. When a pregnant woman starts talking names I always suggest they not be cute or original with the spelling-- the kid won't thank them! For some reason this subject has been on my mind quite a lot lately, just because I get called by the wrong name daily and sometimes it doesn't bother me and some times it does. I keep thinking I'm going to get a shirt printed with some cryptic message. Oh, well, it would probably just go over most people's heads anyway. (We all have our crosses to bear!)

2 comments:

Bob said...

Believe it or not, but as a kid I rarely found 'Bob' on nay of those key chains or cute license plates; I found 'Robert' a lot, but rarely 'bob.'

the dogs' mother said...

It is always a challenge when I have to ask a child his/her name to write it down. Almost all the time I have to ask for spelling and then marvel at how someone came up with it.