Monday, May 30, 2011

St. Louis Zoo, April 2011

The husband and I went to the Zoo last month--without kids. It was a nice day and I almost didn't take my camera, but it seems like there is always something that we've never seen before. So I'm glad I did, because I've never seen the Penguins put on a show like they did and the Elephants were doing behaviors I had also never seen. It was so sweet, because the elephant that made the mud hole, instead of pushing the others away, actually went over and rubbed her head on them, like she was hugging them. You hear that they are very affectionate to each other and I believe, with all of the times we have gone, this was the first time I've actually seen it. There is a new baby Rhino I was hoping to see, but apparently it wasn't out yet the day we were there. Hopefully, we will get back soon. The St. Louis Zoo really is one of my favorite places!

No comments: