Monday, January 4, 2010

Hope I'm Wrong



My daughter went back to school yesterday. She was home from college for 2 weeks--2 weeks when I was working at the store and constantly trying to get things done around the house. I've been behind the whole year--don't know why I tried to stay caught up through Christmas. I didn't manage it, by the way. Anyway, I was busy enough that I didn't get to spend much "alone time" with my daughter. I thought I was handling her being away really well but I think I'm having some delayed "empty nest" or "separation anxiety" or something going on. Maybe I'm just tired. Now she is talking about changing schools, and moving even farther away. I know it's what she needs to do, but I'm having a bit of a hard time with it! I wish I had high expectations for this coming year, but I think it's going to be an incredibly difficult one. I so hope I'm wrong!

No comments: