Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Inner Hippy

New Year, time for a new start. Why do we always pick the coldest month of the year to think that? So many people starting diets when our bodies are telling us to take in more calories to counter the cold weather and viruses floating around. Or how about quitting smoking--during the time of the year when we are stuck inside and bored. It would make so much more sense to wait to start new "resolutions" when the weather is nicer and we can get outside and distract ourselves from our bad habits! My husband has decided to quit his job and study laptop repair. He wants to open his own business doing computer repair and maintenance. I would back him totally if he was going to an actual school, but he plans on doing this on-line. In fact, he has already started the program. So I have to wonder why he can't at least work part time while he completes the program. I am seriously considering having my own mid-life crisis. I think I will start by looking for my inner Hippy (whom I seem to have lost when I got married and had kids) and see what she would like to do with the rest of her life!

No comments: