Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Fat Cat found himself a good spot under the Christmas tree! I remember as a child laying under the tree and looking up through the branches at the lights. I miss having the time to do that! Everything is hustle and bustle. I called Mom last night and we went to Walmart and stopped and got something to eat. I didn't really need anything, but it was a chance to spend some time with just her. With Dad gone and my brother and his family living 4 states away, the Holidays are just a little melancholy. I have a great step-family, and my step-brother and his daughter are coming for Christmas dinner, but it's just not quite the same. Today is going to be one of those nutty days at work. Every Christmas Eve the boss has everyone come in. We will have more help than we actually need. It's fun and tedious at the same time! We have a pot-luck dinner and people pop in and out just to visit. The boss starts indulging in a little Holiday Spirit early in the afternoon. We close early (we close at 4 every year, but they can't seem to remember that from year to year) and some of the grown-ups stay and share a drink and see how many times the phone rings to see if we are still open. Usually I do, but I think today I'm coming home to be with my family. Right now, I'm just hoping for a little snow this afternoon! Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments: