Monday, December 27, 2010

White Christmas!

We got a white Christmas! It actually started snowing on Christmas Eve. I had to work that day, but we weren't as busy as some previous years and the boss let me leave early. I got to have Christmas Eve afternoon with my family. I made sweet rolls for the next morning's breakfast, watched a little TV, played with my new Flip camera, fixed some supper, drove around town with my husband and kids and looked at Christmas lights, and even watched Prep and Landing, all together. It was the perfect afternoon. And then to get up on Christmas morning to fresh, clean snow! Usually, if we have a "white" Christmas, it's left over from a previous snow. Or maybe some flurries floating around. This was real Christmas snow! Christmas was sitting around the tree, watching each other open our gifts, breakfast here, too much dinner at Mom's with extended family, then home in the evening. It was a good day.

No comments: