Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Little Silliness

The closest Blockbuster closed recently and one of the reasons stated was the popularity of Netflix, Hulu, Redbox, etc. A good friend of mine works part time at the only video store here in town and she mentioned business was down. She also mentioned Netflix as a possible cause. Because of our recent financial situation, I've been considering getting rid of our cable, or possibly even going down to just basic cable, which would cut our bill in half and I would still have local channels. Many of the shows I like I can watch on-line, therefore it seemed like a workable idea. I didn't start watching Glee until the second season and I thought maybe I could find it on Fox's official site, but they are only running second season episodes. One day last week I saw an ad for one free month of Netflix and decided to give it a try. I signed up and did a search for Glee, but it wasn't available. However, I did find Torchwood! We don't get BBC America and I've wanted to see it for a very long time. I was happily watching episode after episode when, a few days ago, Glee was listed as a new release. For three days that's been my main entertainment! I have gotten absolutely nothing accomplished! I think I'm going to have to keep Netflix. I'm sure I will still rent the occasional DVD. Gotta help out the local businesses, after all!

No comments: