Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Service With A Grimace

I admit it--I'm a big fat Liberal. And I live and work in a town full of change-fearing Conservatives. I have a few friends with whom I share similar political and religious beliefs and I will discus different issues with them. But since I don't like confrontation at all, for the most part I keep my mouth shut, especially at work. Today I had a customer that was being loud and making comments that I don't agree with. I believe he was aiming them at the young man (the boss' son) who was working with me. I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe he thought he was being funny, or maybe he was trying to get a rise out of my young co-worker. What he got, finally, was a rise out of me! I tried to keep my head down and finish checking out his groceries, but it got to be too much and finally I made a few comments that I probably shouldn't have. Funny thing is, I think it went right over his head! Somehow, I don't think he realized how mad I was. Finally, I asked him what his solutions to our problems were. He didn't have an answer for that and he left. I'm going to remember that--because it apparently works!

No comments: