Saturday, January 7, 2012

Artist Mix Nirvana!

Now, this is a concert I would go to! Aerosmith was my "first"--Rock band, that is! I've had a thing for Steven Tyler since I was probably 11 or 12 years old. I was staying with my Aunt, and my cousin had Toys in the Attic and Get Your Wings on 8-track. At home my folks listened to Johnny Cash and Tom T. Hall. Aerosmith was a revolution--I was a convert! MTV premiered during my Senior year in High School. Our cable didn't carry it but one of my friend's Grandparents had a satellite and we would spend the weekend at their house and watch it. "Eat It" and "Fat" were popular videos and I became a Weird Al fan! Alice Cooper? I never had any of his albums, but he is an icon. How can any self-respecting student not love him for "School's Out for Summer"?! After seeing Weird Al in concert, I honestly believe the man can sing with any body, any style. How fun it would have been to be in that crowd!

1 comment:

the dogs' mother said...

Every once in a while I like to ask the kids things like, 'Do you know what an 8 track is?' bwa-ha-ha! Mom is old!!!