Sunday, March 5, 2017

Killing Me Softly With His Song



I kind of developed a thing for anime and manga a couple of years ago, and I stumbled onto Killing Stalking in mid-February while I was home battling the flu. It's a Korean manwha and I'm completely hooked. It's totally disturbing! It's about a young man who breaks into the home of the man he's obsessed with and has been stalking, only to find he's a serial killer. And he gets caught. Things get bazaar. I know! Right? I like to read the comments fans leave. Some call it a romance (which it definitely is not!) while others talk about the psychology of the piece (which is where my interest lies). The thing is, I'm reading a translation, and I've found that different sites have slightly different takes. I haven't gone back to compare some of the translations, but the one I've been reading has the lyrics to "Killing Me Softly With His Song" throughout the comic. I would love to know if the author really has incorporated that into her story or if it was creative license by the translator.

I would also love to get the song out of my head. I think it's going to be stuck there for awhile!

No comments: