Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Made in the USA

I decided a few weeks ago that I would try and do my part to improve our economy by making an effort to buy American Made products. Turns out that is harder than I thought it would be. Even in the grocery store most items say "distributed by" instead of "made in". So the question becomes, what is actually made here and what isn't. I suspect that many of the food products are produced here, but the packaging is imported. I don't object so much to items made in Canada, or even Mexico. I guess I figure our three countries are kind of "in it together". I spent 15 minutes reading labels and came up with only a handful of items that actually say they are made in this country. The great State of Illinois is raising taxes (again). Some say it is going to result in even more companies leaving the State. I imagine it will. I don't know what the solution is, but things are going to change. I keep hearing with out spending we have no economy. I think it has just as much to do with the lack of manufacturing!







No comments: