Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

Well, 2011 is here. 2010 didn't leave with a bang, mostly just a bit of a whimper. I can't say I'm sorry to see it go--it just wasn't much of a good year. One or two high points--our trip to Walt Disney World, certainly--but mainly a year I would like to forget. No resolutions this year, just hoping to find a new direction. Somehow, I'm not where I want to be. 50 is approaching fast, and I don't want this to be my life. Work and home. Almost non-existent social life. I've never felt like much of a whiner, I try to take things as they come and I try not to have regrets. You can't change the past so why cry about it. I have some ideas about where I would like to be but no idea how to get there! And, unfortunately, everything takes money, which I don't have and don't see coming. Plus I have responsibilities that I can't just up and leave. I try to stay positive, especially here, but this might give you an idea of where my head is right now. Here's to 2011---may it be a year worth remembering!

No comments: