Sunday, April 26, 2009

Disfunctional Families 3

The funeral went better than I expected, especially after the obituary came out all wrong! Corrections were made, but one has to wonder who made the mistakes, since they were all on our names, but "their" names were all correct! I personally was a bit insulted when the lady-friend's children were listed before my husband and sister-in-law. I have seen a bitter side to myself through this whole ordeal that I didn't even realize I had. I was afraid I would get mouthy if something negative was said about any of us, but everyone was cordial, and we didn't actually talk to them as much as I was afraid we would have to. I went by my father-in-laws house yesterday and things were being removed. I thought about saying something, but I've tried to talk to my niece several times this week and have gotten no response. I think at this point I'm keeping my mouth shut. I know my husband wants nothing to do with any of it (possibly including his sister) , so unless someone contacts us with something that needs taken care of, I'm done with it. Quite honestly, my sister-in-law hasn't liked me for a long time. Why should I care if that changes now? We don't have Sunday dinners together and haven't even spent holidays together for over 10 years. This isn't going to change anything, although I thought it might. I've gotten so used to taking care of things for my husband, it's hard for me to turn it off and say "This is your deal, take care of it yourself. Or don't. Whatever. I'm out." We'll see. Maybe.

No comments: