Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Happiest Place on Earth

We just got back from Florida. I've been planning this trip for two years, but for various reasons, (both related to my husband's job situations) we weren't able to go. This year I said we were going, no matter what! This was our second time going as a family to Walt Disney World. What can I say--I love it there! We stayed at the All-Star Movie Resort this time--last time was Century Pop. Altho the resorts are similar in most ways, we will stay at Century Pop next time just because there is three All-Star resorts and they share buses. We stayed 7 nights with 6 days of park tickets, plus we went to see Cirque du Soleil. It's expensive, but if you ever get a chance, see the Cirque du Soleil. It is amazing! My 18 year-old son said that was his favorite part this time. He even bought the CD, and he isn't a big music person. I was able to get in on a special WDW was running where we got the Meal Plan for free. The meal plan allows two (express) meals and two snacks a day per person. We took extra snacks with us just because we were afraid that the Meal Plan wouldn't be enough and we would get hungry, but we shouldn't have worried. Last time we went, we took breakfast stuff and sandwich stuff that we ate for lunch, and bought food in the parks for supper. We bought the cheapest stuff we could and shared alot, so I guess that's why we thought the meals and snacks would be a bit small. It was so much food, we didn't even use it all! The morning we left, we went to the food court and loaded up on snacks and sandwiches and salads. We ended up with enough stuff to cover two meals on the drive home! So, yes, I definitely recommend the Meal Plan! The only thing that put a bit of a damper on the trip was the fact that I guess my age is starting to catch up with me. My ankles swelled so bad and that's something new that I didn't expect.

No comments: