Saturday, March 19, 2011

Blackbird - Glee


I "got into" the Beatles during my Sophomore year in High School, not long before John Lennon was killed. Maybe if he hadn't died I wouldn't have become so engrossed in their music, but with his death came a flurry of books, magazines, posters, re-releases, movies, everything Beatles related. I would say I was practically obsessed. I had all of their music, knew all the lyrics to all of their songs, did my Senior term paper on them and even had my cousin sing a Lennon song during my wedding. But that was 30 years ago and life happened and my obsession waned. But this week, when Kurt (Chris Colfer) sang Blackbird, it all came back to me. I dug my CDs out and have been listening all week. I thought he did such a lovely cover of this song. (Plus, I just loved this episode of Glee!)

No comments: