Monday, March 21, 2011

Epiphany

I had an epiphany about my husband this morning while I was cleaning the kitchen. Several years ago when he made the declaration that he was no longer going to help with any housework until I started working full time, I believed that he held no value on all I did because it wasn't putting money in the bank. But after the last year of being on strike, I just realized it had nothing to do with the amount of money I was making and everything to do with the fact he never realized how much I was really doing around here. He has no idea how much work goes into house keeping because he doesn't do it. For the last year he has vacuumed and shampooed the carpets, washed dishes and cleaned the bathrooms a few times. He didn't dust, or clean the refrigerator, or wipe down the molding and any of the numerous other things that need done and haven't been done since I stopped doing them! I'm not sure whether to be upset or just pissed!

No comments: