Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Peanut Butter Solution

I've lost weight. More than I ever thought I would or could. I quit eating bread. I quit eating sugar. Quite frankly, I quit eating just about everything for a little while there. I was quite happy with yogurt, bananas, powerade and popcorn. Okay, I wasn't quite that bad, but close. I made it through the crisis and got the weight loss stopped. I never thought I would have a hard time stopping.  I'm happy where I am now and hopefully will be able to maintain it. (The Holiday's worry me a bit--customers bring  us plates of sweets and they get left back in our break area. During the nice weather I've sat outside during my breaks to distance myself from temptation; that's become difficult with the cold weather!) Anyway, back to the point of this little narrative. When I quit eating bread, I quit eating butter. Which was my biggest fat source. Somehow I missed the memo that said if you suddenly cut fat, your follicles go dormant and your hair falls out! Everything I read said maybe it'll come back, maybe it won't. I didn't have alot to start with. No, I didn't go totally bald, but I was starting to worry. I added peanut butter to my diet-- good fat! I do seem to be getting some back, so fingers crossed. For some reason, people have just noticed and I can't tell you how many times in the last few weeks I've been asked if I was sick. I think I'm going to start giving people puppy dog eyes and a little smile and not say anything! Small town like this- the stories could get good. Hell, they might have a benefit for me!

1 comment:

the dogs' mother said...

I have the easiest time (now) avoiding treats because of allergies and sensitivities. I've been allergic to soy for a long time but also found out I'm sensitive to wheat. Type2 diabetes takes care of the sugar. Well, that just about covers everything in the treat/junk category.

Congrats on your weight loss :-)