Sunday, January 5, 2014

Dreaming of Warmer Days

I'm stuck inside today, loads of snow coming down. It's beautiful and the temperature is hoovering right at freezing with no wind. It would be a great time to go for a walk, before the arctic cold moves in. The son has already been out once already. It's been years since I've taken a walk in the snow. But... I tend to fall and break things, so the best thing for me to do is stay inside and admire it through the window. I did go stand on my deck and bask in the peace of it earlier. Anyway, as pretty as it is, I'm already looking forward to Spring. I planned on planting an herb garden last Summer but that didn't happen. My resolution (for lack of a better word) is to make it happen this year. I love fresh herbs, and saving bees is an added plus!

1 comment:

the dogs' mother said...

Printed out the illustration/list -also have been making notes of bee
friendly plants. The girls want to try fresh herbs.