Thursday, January 9, 2014

I Need a Little Less Reality, Please

Well, the earliest we can get a plumber is Friday, maybe. When I was little, my Grandparents lived in the boonies and had no indoor plumbing. If they did it every day, I can do it for a few days. But that doesn't mean I'm happy about it!

My husband made it to work yesterday, but he said he's never seen anything like it. When he got into Effingham there was so many Semi's lining the roads, he didn't think he was going to make it through. The authorities were directing them to every large parking lot in town until every one of them was full, eventually they parked them on the sides of the road. The truckstops kept running out of diesel and the fuel trucks couldn't get through to refill the tanks. It may be days before they get it all sorted out. Things started to get back to normal at the store yesterday, most of our delivery trucks got through and were able to get limited orders to us. We still look a bit picked through, but at least we have the staples again. Unfortunately, they are predicting more precipitation for today and tomorrow. Every one keeps saying, yes, but it's supposed to be rain tomorrow and it's going to be in the 40s. But they aren't thinking about the fact that the rain has no were to go! I think it could be a whole other bunch of problems!

I'm keeping my sense of humor in all of this. Because it's that or roll up in a ball and cry. So, laughter all around, my dears!