Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Wonderful Winter Weather

When I walked into work yesterday, my boss looked surprised. The head meat-cutter, the only other person there except for the boss' son, told me no one else showed up and they didn't expect me, either. I live 3 blocks away, for heavens sake. I was going to show up. To be honest, I was a bit pissed. If they didn't want me, they should have called! How was I to assume that he would assume I wasn't coming?  The store was sold out of milk, and bread, and eggs, and assorted other staples. I've never seen the shelves that empty, and there is no guarantee we'll get any today. So I worked 3 hours then they sent me home because they closed early. I could have used one of my personal days, now I'm just going to have a short check. Oh, well. So anyway, I'm going to bundle up and do it again this morning (unless he calls. Surely, he'll call this time). It's 13 below right now. It's going to be an ice-cream headache the whole way! My husband's home again. He works 15 miles away and we still can't get the car out of the garage. Hopefully, things will be better tomorrow!

2 comments:

Bob said...

We're just c-c-c-old. No snow, so I guess I'll stop complaining!
Stay safe and warm!

the dogs' mother said...

There's winter and then there is WINTER!!!