Saturday, January 18, 2014

Long Winter Days

The days have dragged this week. It was endless. And I'm in a funky mood, which I realized this morning feels like depression creeping in. I have a problem with it, especially in the Winter. I've detected enough of a pattern over the years to know it sets in about now and it's probably sun deprivation. As soon as we get a sunny early Spring day that I can go out and bask in I'll feel the shift. Knowing this doesn't make it easier, however. My mind scatters, I can't seem to move in a straight line, mentally, at all. Every hurtle seems bigger. But.... I have a chance to go to Florida next month. Definitely can't afford it, but it isn't an opportunity I care to miss. I'm going, even if I have to hitchhike! I'm just hoping that the Florida sun does the trick!

2 comments:

Bob said...

Get thee to The Sun!

the dogs' mother said...

Interestingly I am the opposite. I love low cloudy and fogs days, rain included. I grew up on the coast and, to me, normal is low clouds, lots of rain and being cozy in the house.